Invisalign Merrick Treatment Procedures
Invisalign in Merrick is a treatment option to respond to any teeth misalignment problem that may have confronted you for so long now.
There are wide array of teeth alignment issues that invisalign in Merrick can treat. If you have overcrowded teeth, teeth gaps, overbite, underbite, cross bite and other bite problems, this treatment can be specially modified for you.
How to Get Treatment for Invisalign in Merrick
If you are interested to undergo a teeth straightening treatment, try to follow the suggested steps for you to reap great results:
Taking a smile assessment to determine if you can be a candidate for invisalign is the first thing to be done when you think about invisalign. You can have this assessment from your dentist or you consider some online smile assessment services for free where you just need to answer some questions and then get the result if you can have invisalign or not.
Once you know your condition can be treated with invisalign, your next step is to look for a dental clinic or a dentist that offers invisalign in Merrick. It would be good if your dentist offers such but if no, you can also ask from him or her areferral or recommendation to other dentist who can offer the said treatment. Make sure to only consider doctors who have proven experience and expertise in using invisalign.
Make a list of possible invisalign dentists in your locality or in the neighboring areas. Then research about their expertise, training and reputation. It would also be better if you can personally go to the clinic to have an initial discussion with the dentist of invisalign in Merrick. You have to ask for the treatment plan, the fees and payment options, and other relevant information about the treatment.
You need a dentist who has good communication skills and has the ability to build rapport with you. This is very important since the treatment may last longer and so you will visit and talk to the dentist very often. Once you have decided on who will be your doctor for the invisalign treatment, you can now proceed to start the treatment process.
The Treatment Process of Invisalign Merrick
You will take the following steps for the invisalign treatment:
1. Talking to the invisalign dentist. You will have a consultation for the doctor to determine the right treatment for you. Ask some questions related to the treatment.
2. Creating a treatment plan. The dentist for invisalign in Merrick will take an impression of your teeth, perform x-rays and take pictures. From there, the doctor will create the treatment plan. Expect the dentist to tell you how the teeth will be moved and how much movement is required and when will the treatment expectedly end.
3. You will receive your alignment tray that you have to wear on teeth. These aligners come in sets of smooth and invisible plastics but are hypoallergenic in order not to irritate the gums and cheeks.
4. Wearing of the aligners and change the set every two weeks or depending on the advice of the dentist of invisalign in Merrick.
5. You can now have a great looking smile with your straightened teeth.